5/29/22

Monday Morning Offering: MEMORIAL DAY 2022


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

In my prayer today, I'm remembering, Lord,
those who gave their lives
without a thought of self,
who laid down all 
that I might stand
in freedom dearly won...

I'm praying, Lord:
for those who died in uniform,
who passed from this life to the next,
to you, their Maker,
lover of their souls...

I'm remembering, Lord,
those selfless souls:
their purple-hearted courage
sure and brave on danger's path
where I'd not dare to tread...

I'm praying today, Lord,
remembering love and sacrifice
so freely, fully given
and so easily forgotten by just the ones 
for whom the gift was made...

I'm praying today, Lord,
on this Monday of remembrance, 
offering thanks and praise
for those who loved as you loved us:
    laying down their lives and giving all
    that all, in peace, might live...
 
Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!