5/19/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 5/19

On this 49th anniversary of my ordination I'm thinking of and praying for the men I was ordained with: those still in ministry, those who left, those who were let go and those who have died...  I invite you to join me in that prayer...  Aware of the shortcomings and sins of all priests, you know how much we priests need your prayers and you can trust that we're grateful for them...

Gracious God, loving Father,
source of every gift and good,
we pray you make our priests:

    men of faith, hope and love,
    humble servants of your Word,
    prophets of your Spirit’s grace

    men who call us to make peace,
    strong defenders of the truth,
    heralds of your holy gospel

    men of prayer and grateful praise,
    faithful to the sacred scriptures,
    to your table and tradition

    men of constancy and change,
    faithful to your Spirit's counsel
    and to where the Spirit leads...

    men of tenderness and strength,
    comfort for the sick and weary,
    shepherds leading home the lost

    men of patient understanding,
    guides for those who are confused,
    lights along the darkened path

    men of mercy and of kindness,
    reaching out with consolation
    to the grieving and abused

    men of justice and compassion,
    prophets faithful to your word,
    reconciling in your name

    men of sacrifice and honor,
    single minded in your service,
    set apart to do your will

    men of purity and joy,
    blessed, anointed by your grace,
    sent to serve in Jesus' name

Make us one with them in faith,
and in Christ your only Son
in whose holy name we pray...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake,
keep vigil while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

(This evening's Night Prayer was based on a prayer I wrote in 2009.)

The Servant Song by Richard Gillard   

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

Will you let me be your servant?
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant too

We are pilgrims on the journey
We are travelers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christ light for you
In the night time of your fear
I will hold my hand out to you
Speak the peace you long to hear

I will weep when you are weeping
When you laugh, I'll laugh with you
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony.

Will you let me be your servant?
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant too

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and blessings on your 49th. I celebrate my 30th this year

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!