5/16/22

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 5/17

 
One quality very much lacking in current debate and discourse is the virtue of civility.  I found the text below at website of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and offer it here for our prayer and consideration...

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where uncivil words prevail,  
    show me how to model love.

Help me remember the God-given dignity of all  
    and invite others to do the same.

Show me how to build bridges and not walls

    and see first what unites us 
        rather than how we diverge.

Let me seek to understand 
    before asking to be understood.

Give me a listening heart 
    filled with empathy and compassion.

May I be clear in sharing my own position
    and respectful and civil in describing those of others.

Let me never tolerate hateful ideas.
 
May I invite all to charity and love.

Lord, help me to imitate your compassion and mercy.
 
Make me an instrument of your peace.
 
Amen. 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!