6/5/22

Monday6 Morning Offering: 5/6

Coffee in the Morning


Good morning, good God!

Fresh from yesterday's Pentecost I am, Lord,
but still much in need of your Spirit
and in need of your Spirit's powerful gifts...


So, I offer you a confession of foolishness, Lord,
especially the foolishness of sin in my life:
    give me your Spirit's gift of right judgment 
    to discern between right and wrong, good fun and folly,
    love and lust, self-care and selfishness,
    humor and harm,
    genuine care and gossip...

 
And I offer you my desire for the Spirit's gift of courage:
    to follow where my prayer leads me,
    to be faithful to my convictions,
    to speak and act when I'm afraid to speak and act,
    to venture beyond my own comfortability
    and to be fearless in walking by your side...

I offer you my stubbornness, Lord,
and pray for the Spirit's gift of understanding:
    open me to the depths
        of what others think and feel
    to the depths of others's suffering,
    to the good in another's point of view
    and to acceptance of your will for me
        when I simply just don't get it... 
 
I offer you my self-centeredness, Lord,
and pray for the Spirit's gift of wisdom:
    to see you in all peoples and in all things,
        and to see everyone and everything through your eyes;
    to see the truth as you know it;
    to see your hand at work at all times;
    to find meaning in suffering;
    and to discover your fingerprints 
    on every bit of my life
        and on the whole of creation...

 
I offer you my pride and know-it-all attitude, Lord:
and pray you'll give me the Spirit's gift of knowledge:
    deepen my desire to know you and to love you;
    make me hungry to know the truth of your Word;
    make me thirsty for your Spirit's counsel in my conscience,
    teach me to know and love the path you walk, Lord
        and give me the desire to follow you;
    deepen my love for our Church and its teachings
    and for all that leads me closer to you...

 
In a world that often and easily forgets you, Lord,
give me the Spirit's gift of reverence:
    give me a spirit of profound respect for you
        and for the people you call your own;
    make me humble in your presence
        and among my brothers and sisters;
    give me a love for prayer and time for prayer,
    and give me a spirit of prayer
        that leads me to rely on you

        to be my light and my salvation...

 

I offer you my tendency to rely on myself, Lord,
and pray for the Spirit's gift
of wonder and awe in your presence:

    increase my desire to be with you
        and never to be separated from you, Lord;
    keep me from anything or anyone
        who keeps me from you;
    teach me to find joy
        in knowing you are always with me;
    and teach me to find peace
        in trusting that you are there
        even when I cannot find you...


The gifts you offer are many, Lord,
and I know I need them all
every single one of them,
all the time...

Lord, help me receive, accept and share your Spirit's gifts
with those I know and meet
and open me to the all gifts of those whose paths
cross my own today - and through the week ahead...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!