6/7/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/7


Tomorrow morning, Wednesday, I'll be gathering with family and friends in Georgetown, Colorado to celebrate a mass for my nephew, Michael, who died from injuries sustained in an avalanche in Alaska several weeks ago...

What would life be like, Lord,
if I didn't believe in you?
 
How would I face hurt, pain,
disappointment and sadness
- apart from my trust in you...
 
How would I hold it all together
when grieving the loss of loved ones,
of families and friends,
of the innocent victims 
of poverty, war and classroom shootings?
 
How could I get up tomorrow,
how could I face one more day,
how could I think of the future
apart from you - my healing and hope?
 
How could I deal with the madness around me
were it not for truth, the counsel and wisdom
I find in your word, in your grace
- in my prayer?
 
What would my life be like, Lord,
were you not my strength,
my companion, my healing,
my light in the darkness,
my shepherd, my guide,
my rock and my refuge,
my God of mercy,
my savior, my friend?
 
Because you are my way,
    I thank you, Lord;
because you are my truth,
    I praise you, Lord;
because you are my life,
    I give my heart to you,
        my God, my hope, my all!

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
You Are My All In All  by Dennis Jernigan
    
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!