6/4/22

Pause for Prayer: PENTECOST SUNDAY



Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire,
which parted and came to rest on each one of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit...

All the lilies on this post belong to the family Gloriosa   
and strike me as nature's bow to Pentecost Sunday.

Today's Pause for Prayer follows the photos.




>





Lord,
the tongues of fire at Pentecost,
did not singe or scorch or burn 
those they touched 
but rather anointed them
to be faithful to you
and to your gospel's truth...
 
In the same way, Lord,
send your Spirit upon me:
anoint, bless, charge and send me
to be faithful to you 
and your holy word... 
 
And because I'm weak, Lord,
I pray your Spirit will 
strengthen and heal me,
inspire and counsel me,
and give me  the courage and wisdom I need
to be faithful to you and your gospel...

Come, Holy Spirit
and anoint, heal and fill my heart
with the fire of your holy presence...

Lord, send forth your Spirit
and create me anew with your grace and power,
making me faithful to you and your word
and the work that is mine to do...

Send forth your Spirit, O Lord, my God
and you shall renew the face of the earth...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!