7/10/22

Monday Morning Offering


Image: George Mendoza


After hearing the story of the Good Samaritan yesterday,
    let's offer our thanks for all who stop and take time 
        to help us in so many ways every day...

Good morning, good God!

There are so many good people in my life, Lord:
so many caring, generous, selfless folks
who give of themselves for others
as naturally as the rest of us breathe in and out...

Some folks, Lord, seem born to give:
   always ready to pitch in, to help out, to volunteer,
   to step up to the plate and go the extra mile,
never counting the cost to themselves,
   sharing graciously, always, with others...

I offer you my thanks and praise, Lord,
for those who are the first to say yes,
- and cheerfully so- 
and the ones who are last to go home
- with no complaint -
making sure that everything's done
and what's more - that all is done well…

So many good people, Lord, 
    have touched my life with their generous spirit,
    lightened my load with their helping hands
    and were there by my side just when I needed them…

I thank you, Lord,
for those who are always there,
who find and make time to serve others,
others who might never know
   who volunteered and did all the planning;
   who printed the handouts and wrote the emails;
   who showed up early and opened the doors,
      turned on the lights and made the coffee;
   who set up the chairs, the tables and munchies,
   who handled the problems, heard the complaints, 
      took all the grief and cleaned up the mess
         - left by the people they had just served…

I thank you, Lord, for those who offer generous hours of 
    gracious care, patient listening, broad shoulders, 
    strong arms, understanding eyes, skillful hands 
    and a heart that’s open all day long,
        - no matter how heavy its burdens may be...

I offer you thanks, Lord, 
for those who work, help and volunteer
   in schools and parishes, in neighborhoods and towns,
   in food pantries, open tables and soup kitchens,
   in hospitals, senior centers and nursing home,
   in sports and scouts and children's groups;
those who reach out and serve in so many ways 
    those alone, those in need, those in trouble;
may I never presume on their kindness
    nor take for granted their generous spirit...

As I am served by others, Lord,
make me their servant, too:
    called to give, to share with all
       from all you’ve given me…

I offer you my thanks, Lord,
   for the caring, loving, selfless folks
who lighten my load, share my burdens
    and reveal in their generous love
       the love you have for us all…

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!