7/19/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 7/19


Try as I might, Lord, 
(well, truth be told - I've not tried very hard)
I just can't get excited 
about Ben and Jennifer saying "I do"
at a midnight drive-through ceremony
in a Vegas wedding chapel...
 
Still, it all gives me pause
and causes me to wonder
    what social media trivia,
    what sports team picks and trades,
    what fashion trends and fads, 
    what celebrity tales and gossip,
    what headlines, real or fake, 
    what newest bistro opening,
    what hushed insider tips,
    what shocking, juicy rumors
        fill my heart with pride and envy,
        dull imagination's edge,
        spoil and sour my inner peace,
        warp my thinking, hopes and dreams, 
        waste the precious gift of time
        and rent the space I want to save
        for beauty, truth and wisdom...
 
No, Bennifer's not my distraction, Lord,
but there are so many other ways
    I squander the time I know I need 
        for beauty, truth and wisdom;
    the help you've given me to grow
        in beauty, truth and wisdom;
    the space you've offered me to find
        what's pure and true and wise
    and grace to come to know you
        - in your beauty, truth and wisdom... 

Help me focus on what matters, Lord,
    train my thoughts on what has value,
        give my heart to what is true...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Perfect Wisdom of Our God by Keith and Kristyn Getty
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!