7/20/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 7/20

 
Late last night, Lord, 
I cleared off the top of my bureau
and went through two shoe boxes stuffed 
    with mail (most of it junk)
    odd papers, receipts and odds and ends
    and Christmas cards with return addresses
        of folks I've been meaning to write to - but haven't...''

And this morning, Lord, I tackled my car 
with its front seat clutter of travel aids
    ("essentials" I seldom need or use)
and its back seat collection of
    sweatshirts and ball caps,
    a scarf and a beach towel,
    ear muffs and Coppertone,
ready for any wintery day
- here in the heat of July...

And yes - the trunk, too:
    assorted newspapers, books and trash, 
    brushes and scrapers for ice and snow
    a swim suit, bug spray and Birkenstocks,
    a back pack and three umbrellas
    and cleaning supplies for a car I seldom clean...
   
And now, Lord:
    the peace of good order,
        the absence of clutter,
            the presence of room to breathe;
    a new beginning, a fresh start,
        unburdened by things I really don't need,
            a clean house is good for the soul;
    "a place for all things, all things in their place"
        makes room in my heart for you
            who always make room for me...  

As I've cleaned out my room and car,
sweep clean and clear my heart and soul
that I might find some peace, Lord,
and in that peace, find you...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
I've Gotta Clean Up! by The Canton Spirituals
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!