8/17/22

NIGHTPRAYER: Wednesday 8/17



Oh, the things I remember, Lord,
  - and the things I can't seem to forget...

How is it, Lord,     
   that I always remember the hard times
      and so easily forget my joy?

Why do painful memories dog my days
    while joyful times slip quickly
       from my mind, my heart, my grasp?

Do you remember my pain, Lord?
Do you remember my joy?
Do you remember me?

I hope, I pray, I trust you do
for if ever you forgot me
if I ever slipped your mind
- I would simply cease to be...

But my pain you do remember, Lord,
   you always seek to heal me;
and you recall my every joy,
    my  blessings, gifts and favors...
 
You do remember me, Lord:
    all my pain and all my joy,
all I've suffered, lived and treasured,
    all I am and shall become...
 
For in your eternal love
   the past is gone, now's all there is
and every pain and every joy
    and every one of us, Lord,
is hid in Christ, our only hope, 
   our promise, hope and mercy...  

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
    and watch over us as we sleep
that awake, we may keep watch with Christ
    and asleep, rest in his peace...

Amen.

God Remembers by Marty Haugen
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 



God remembers pain
nail by nail, thorn by thorn,
hunger, thirst and muscles torn.
Time may dull our grief
and heal our lesser wounds
but in eternal love yesterday is now
and pain is in the heart of God.

God remembers joy
touch of love, taste of food
all our senses know is good.
Love and life flow by
and precious days are gone
but in eternal love every day is now
and joy is in the heart of God.

God remembers us
all we were, all we are
lives within our Lover's care.
Time may dull our minds
and death will take us all
but in eternal love every life is now:
our life is hid with Christ in God.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!