9/4/22

Monday Morning Offering: 9/5


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

This Labor Day, Lord,
I'm grateful for the world you created
and that I, too,  am the work of your hands:
    you formed my inmost being,
    you knit me in my mother's womb...*
 
And you took the time, 
before time was,
to imagine me, my being;
to consider for even a moment,
my existence:
    you conceived of me
    before I was conceived...
 
And then from the love of two,
you fashioned me and created me 
in your own image - and in theirs;
you gave me a soul you'd given no other,
and breathed in the breath 
of your own life...

How great are your many works, O Lord,
and how grateful am I
that this life of mine
is truly the work of your hands...

Who am I that you should notice me,
care for me and love me?
Yet you've crowned me with glory and honor:
    your love, my crown,
    your mercy, my glory,
    your grace, my greatest honor...

You created me, Lord, my God
and now I,
the work of your hands,
offer you 
the work of my hands,
    though everything I have
    was first your gift to me...

On Labor Day, Lord, I offer my gift,
humbled that you would accept it
and humbled that my hands share in your work
as your hands share in mine...

I pray for those who have no work
and those whose work is too much to bear:
    lift up the unemployed, O Lord 

    and lighten the load of the weary...

Good God of Monday mornings
and every labored day,
I rejoice in the work you've begun in me,
may you bring it to fulfillment...

Amen.


*Psalm 139


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!