9/2/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 9/2


It takes a little time, Lord, 
    to adjust to the altitude here in the Rockies
but it takes no time at all to acclimate 
to the grandeur and simplicity, 
the majesty and power, 
the finely crafted artisty,
the palatte of your glory
    brushed on craggy mountain heights,
    sparkling in a rippling creek,
    woven through deep forests green
    brilliant on a snow-capped peak...

    Image source

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's your sheer loveliness, not altitude,
that takes my breath away, Lord,
that mutes my heart's desire
to give thanks for your creation
and sing praise to you, my Maker...

In comparison with your work, Lord,
my naive efforts pale:
    my craft at best might imitate
    what long ago you mastered,
    inviting me to shadow, 
    to replicate with Spirit's grace,
    the splendor that comes forth from you,
    the beauty that you are...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
For the Beauty of the Earth by John Rutter

If a video doesn't appear below, click here! 
   

 

    Georgetown Lake, CO Photo by CP



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!