9/5/22

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/6

    Photo by Tim Gray
 
When my friend posted this photo on Facebook
I knew at first glance: there's a prayer here!
 
See that lonely kayak, Lord?
(Of course you do - I know you do!)
 
So, you also know that sometimes
that's my kayak,
    waiting at the lakeshore,
    anchored by the sand, 
    basking in a sky blue world,
    above and all around...

My kayak, Lord, pondering the joy
    of slipping from the beach,
    slicing through the surface tension
    easily, peacefully, gliding almost silently,
    in and through the glory of this day...
 
But in your wisdom, Lord, you know
that you're my kayak, waiting there 
    where I've been tethered,
    stranded in the shadows,
    stumbling through the brush
while steps away you wait for me
    to glide through these smooth waters
    to the peace and calm serenity
    you offer me today…

Draw me down to water's edge,
    to the kayak of your presence;
let me paddle out from shore
    on the waters of your grace
'til my heart is free of worry
    and my soul lets go its fear…

Amen

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!