9/3/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 9/3


We walk through life, Lord,
bearing secret fears, grief and worries
often unknown even to those 

who stand right by our side...

Who but you, Lord, knows, 
how heavy burdened are the minds, hearts and souls 
of those who live in our own homes, or right next door to us;
or those who work, play and study with us?
Lord, help me be gentle and understanding
with all whose paths cross mine,
whose burdens are at least as many 
and often just as heavy
as the ones I bear myself...

Give me compassion for my neighbor,
tending others' grief
and binding up their wounds
till restoring one another
makes us whole and healed in you...

And when my neighbor reaches out
to help and ease the pain that's mine,
open wide my heart to welcome
the gift that comes my way...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
  
Lean on Me by Bill Withers

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!