9/21/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 9/21

Evening's upon us, Lord:
    time to turn another page 
        in this chapter of my life...

We all have a story, Lord,
    the story we're writing and living and telling...
 
Part of my story's an open book
    - casual observers can take a look;
 but much of my tale is only known
    by those who've shared in its living
who've helped in writing a chapter or two
    now stored in the archives, deep in my heart.... 
 
I'm grateful for all who are part of my saga,
    my narrative's characters, major and minor,
its many heroes and occasional villains, 
    who've made of my life the story it is...

And then, of course, there's you, my God:
    you know my story by chapter and verse;
you even know my story's end,
    - still an unfolding mystery to me...
 
I'm grateful to you, my Author divine:
    you know my whole story
        - but still love me freely
    you read my dark chapters
        - but always with mercy
    you know all my plot twists
        - and walk through them with me...
 
Like a book you read me
    but never lose interest
- to even the dull parts
    you pay full attention...
 
You're my editor, critic,
    mentor and muse,
my biographer, narrator,
    Holy ghostwriter... 

And more than all that, Lord,
    you've written, you've woven,
you've threaded your love story,
    one with my own...

My book was conceived in your heart, O Lord,
    your fingerprints warm its every page:
I pray my story will end in you,
    with an epilogue, peace, 
        the sequel of grace...,
 
Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake
    and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
My Story by Big Daddy Weave 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

If I told you my storyYou would hear hope, that wouldn't let goAnd if I told you my storyYou would hear love that never gave up

And if I told you my storyYou would hear life, but it wasn't mine
 If I should speak, then let it be of the graceThat is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served, and where mercy wins!Of the kindness of Jesus, that draws me inOh to tell you my story, is to tell of Him
 
If I told you my story, 
you would hear victory over the enemyAnd if I told you my story, you would hear freedomThat was won for me
 
And if I told you my story, 
you would hear life overcome the graveIf I should speak, then let it be of the graceThat is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served, and where mercy wins!Of the kindness of Jesus, that draws me inOh to tell you my story, is to tell of Him
 
This is my story, this is my songPraising my savior, all the day longThis is my story, this is my songPraising my savior, all the day long
 
For the grace that is greater, than all my sinOf when justice was served, and when mercy wins!Of the kindness of Jesus, that draws me inOh to tell you my story, is to tell
Of the grace that is greater, than all my sinOf when justice was served, and when mercy wins!Of the kindness of Jesus, that draws me inOh to tell you my story, is to tell of HimOh to tell you my story, is to tell of Him
 
This is my story, this is my songPraising my savior, all the day long

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!