9/16/22

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/16



 
I found another bridge across Clear Creek, Lord,
just a little ways upstream from where I've been stopping
when out for a walk...
 
Same waters, Lord, but some how, at this bridge
Clear Creek seemed, well - clearer!
And brighter, swifter and more powerful!
And cleaner, more sparkling and intense!

And what's more, Lord,
this vantage point pulled me closer,
made me even thirstier for the refreshment
tumbling and rolling just below me
as I stood upon that wooden bridge...
 
Something in those waters, Lord, teases me
to stop and wonder, pause and ponder,
to hold my breath in your presence
and to pray...
 
And what is that something?
What's in those waters, Lord?
    your fascinating grace? 
    your whisper in the current?
    your shimmering enticement?
    your transparent glory?
    your fluid power
        seeping, pouring, flowing, surging 
            over the rocks and into my soul?

For millions of years, Lord, Clear Creek
has been deepening a gorge,
cutting its way through canyon walls,
now rippling and splashing, 
    a spring of joy,  a font of joy,
        a stream of wisdom and blessing...
 
Keep seeping into my heart, Lord,
keep flowing, freely, through my veins
and surge with power all around me,
over the rocks and into my soul...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!