10/17/22

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 10/17

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

A friend who has an eye for you in nature, 
who sees what others miss: your face
and your fingerprints 
on every leaf and blossom,
on each bird upon its feathered wing...

My friend sent this image, Lord:
an autumn day, branded with the sign
of your selfless, saving love...

    Photo by GLD



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
to see you more clearly, 
wherever you may be, 
wherever you appear,
wherever you reveal yourself
along the path I walk...

Open the eyes of my heart,
especially to your presence, Lord,
in the lives of those around me...

I want to see you more clearly
in all I know and love...

I want to see you coming towards me
in folks I've not yet met...

I want to see you in the people
I overlook and often miss...
 
I want to see you in those
whose beliefs may challenge my own...
 
I want to see you in people,
in places, in circumstances
where I don't expect to find you...
 
I want to see you everywhere I look, Lord,
because everywhere's precisely where you are...
 
I offer you my vision:
the eyes in my head and the eyes of my soul:
open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
and surprise me with your presence
everywhere I turn,
in every place and time...
 
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you today,
all day and all night, 
I want to see you
and know you are near...

 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you. 
 
To see you high and lifted up,
shining in the light of your glory.
Pour out your pow'r and love,
as we sing, "Holy, Holy, Holy."
 
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!