10/21/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 10/21

Deliver us, Lord, from every evil;
    graciously grant peace in our days
that, by the help of your mercy,
    we may be always free from sin 
        and safe from all distress
as we await the blessed hope
    and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ...

 
We pray these words
    every time we come to your Table, Lord,
and I pray them myself 
    from day to day and night to night...
 
Deliver us from every evil...
Lord, these are words our world needs to pray
    in the face of the evils before us:
        prejudice, sexism, bigotry and bias,
        xenophobia, intolerance and fascism,
        human trafficking, persecution, oppression...
 
Grant peace in our days...
We long for peace in our day, Lord,
    when violence and war shape the daily news
in Ukraine, Myanmar and the Middle East,
    in the streets of our cities' neighborhoods,
        in the homes of families and friends...

Free us from sin...
Beginning with me, Lord,  I need your mercy
    to pardon my sins and cleanse my soul
to restore and refresh your peace in my heart,
    to guide my steps to the path of your grace...
 
Keep us safe from all distress
That's asking a lot, Lord!
We live in a world of anxiety and fear,
    suffering and pain, grief and doubt,
       apprehension and panic
          - distress, for some, is a way of life! 
 
While we wait...
Relief for all from all distress?
Yes that's what we pray and long for, Lord:
    the peace you've promised to those who wait 
        'till you come again in a thousand ways
    day by day, night by night,
        you, our way, our truth and our life,
            you our hope and our Savior...
 
Deliver us, Lord, from every evil
    and graciously grant peace in our days, 
that by the help of your mercy
    we may be always free from sin 
        and safe from all distress
as we await the blessed hope
    and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ...

 
Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
The tone and feel of tonight's music is a long way
from the tenor and text of the prayer above
- BUT -
this song plays out precisely everything we prayed for!

All Joy, No Stress by Rhett Walker

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
I got that good news smile on my faceI got that feeling that the world can't eraseThere ain't a single day I let go to wasteI got that good news smile on my face
I got that beat, beat, beating in my heartI got that gospel song rocking in my carA little light gonna get me through the darkI got that beat, beat, beating in my heart
 
All joy, no stressNo worries, I'm blessedFrom early in the morning 
'til the crickets and the sun done set, yeahAll joy
 
I'm gonna thank God Almighty for the good days (okay)I'm gonna thank God Almighty for the bad (alright)Hand out the window waving bye to my old ways (old ways)Yeah, thank God Almighty, I ain't ever going back
 
All joy, no stressNo worries, I'm blessedFrom early in the morning 
'til the crickets and the sun done set, yeahAll joyAll joy
 
Bad news (all joy)Rent's due (all joy)In the struggle (all joy)Yeah, in the battle (all joy)
Yeah, life will get you down (all joy)But there's joy still to be found (all joy)You can't buy it 'cause it's free (all joy)So lay your troubles on the ground, 
get to singing with me (come on)
 
All joy, no stress (all joy)No worries, I'm blessedFrom early in the morning 
'til the crickets and the sun done set, yeah
 
All joy, no stress (no stress)No worries, I'm blessedFrom early in the morning 
'til the crickets and the sun done set, yeahAll joy (all joy, all joy)All joy (all joy, all joy)
The sun done set, uh (all joy)Too blessed (all joy)All joy, no stress (all joy)All joy, no stress (all joy)

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!