10/27/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 10/27


I've reached a time in my life, Lord,
when I find I'm often asking my friends:
    "Have I already told you this story?"
and that's because I sometimes lose track
    of whom I've told what  - and how often! 
 
But I never need ask that of you, O Lord:
    though you've heard my tale again and again
    and you know my saga by chapter and verse,
you never tire of lending your ear
to hear my story of worry and woe,
    - a story you already know...
 
And when there comes a new twist in my plot
    - you know the whole of it, inside-out -
and long before I know it myself
    - 'cause my story's a story you already know...

You know my past in its every detail,
and you know my future and all that it holds
and all this you know, Lord, each time I come
    - to tell you a story you already know...

You know my sorrows and you know my joys;
you know my losses as well as my gains;
you know my troubles and blessings, too,
my ups and downs, my smiles and tears:
    you're my co-author, Lord, in writing my life,
    in telling a story - you already know... 

Only you know the end of my story, Lord,
    and the chapters ahead that will take me there
so give me some clues, some hints and some cues
    of how you're there on every page
writing your story of love for me
    in good times and bad, in sadness and cheer,
a story that's often a mystery to me
    - but a story you already know...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
You Already Know by JJ Heller
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
Everything around me seems uncertainMy weary heart can't take much more surpriseI wish there was a point on the horizonSomething I could see with my own eyes
 
I need to tell you that I'm scaredI feel completely unpreparedAnd nothing's what it was two weeks ago
 
But you already knowYou already knowEverything I'm scared ofEverything I hopeYou hold my tomorrowAnd all tomorrow holdsYou already know
 
I can't seem to find the easy answersSomeday, I hope the suffering makes senseI just need to know that you are with meEven if you keep me in suspense
 
We talk so much these daysBecause I have so much to sayYou stay and listen to me closely even though
 
You already knowYou already knowEverything I'm scared ofEverything I hopeYou hold my tomorrowAnd all tomorrow holdsYou already know
 
Whatever I'm feelingWhatever is comingWhenever the endingYou're already there
 You go before meYou go behind meWherever I'm goingYou're already there
 
You already knowYou already knowEverything I'm scared ofEverything I hopeYou hold my tomorrowAnd all tomorrow holdsYou already knowYou already know

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!