10/28/22

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/29

Every once in a while it's good to clean out your backpack, your purse, your brief case, your computer bag...  We carry around a lot of junk we don't need, stuff that weighs us down and complicates our lives...  These days, even Mother Nature is doing some fall cleaning: the strength of her wind stripping leaves from tree branches...

Help me rummage through my heart, Lord, 
   and do a little fall cleaning...

Help me sort out the good stuff from the junk,
   the "keepers" from the trash... 
 
Help me drop what weighs me down 
   and over-complicates my life...

Help me pitch what I don't need, 
   all that clutters up my way...
 
Help me let go what steals my joy
   and burdens me with worry...
 
Help me lose what keeps my heart from yours
   and clear a space for grace to make its home... 
 
Teach me, Lord, again and again and again to
   simplify, simplify, simplify!
 
Help me rummage through my heart, Lord, 
   and do a little fall cleaning...

 Amen.  


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!