10/30/22

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/30


 
Whether you'll be donning mask and costume and going out
trick-or-treating - or not: this prayer can be helpful before 
and even long after Halloween...

Lord,
help me worry not so much
about the everyday costumes
I don each time I dress...


Clothes don't make a man
and clothes don't make a woman:
it's how my heart is dressed
that makes me who I am...

Help me take off the costumes 
that hide my truest self: 
    pride and false humility, 
    authority and knowledge,  
    pretended self-assurance     
    and bravado and self-pity...
 
Help me take off all my masks, Lord,
the ones I wear to hide
from others and from you 
- and even from my very self,
the person you created me to be...

Help me take off all my masks, Lord,
to reveal my fears and tears, 
my worry and anxiety,
my pain and disappointment, 
my doubt and my confusion
And...
my hidden faith and strength,
my human worth and value, 
my belief and trust in you
and my desire to be loved 
In other words...
the true face of my heart, unmasked,
my soul laid bare for healing:
    the person you created,
    in your image, Lord, divine...

Help me find the hidden beauty
'neath the costumes and the masks
worn by people all around me 
  - beginning with myself - 
and help me, Lord, to find and love 
your face, unmasked, 
in everyone I meet and know...

Amen.

Image source

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!