11/6/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 11/6



On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight's prayer follows from the first reading and the gospel from today's mass and their teaching on life after death...

Because I believe you rose from the dead, Lord,
    because I believe that you live forever;
because I believe you've promised me life
    in a place you've made ready in heaven;
because I believe, through the gift of faith,
     that in death life is changed not ended;
because I believe you've welcomed in mercy
    the loved ones whose passing I sorely grieve;
because I believe that sadness will flee
    and joy once again fill my heart,
because I believe you will raise me up,
    I long for the life of the world to come....
 
Because I believe in the life you have promised:
    I rise in the morning and sleep through the night,
    I wait for your healing and trust it will come, 
    I pray through the tears you wipe from my face,
    I have hope for the world and for peace to be made,
    I trust in your pardon, forgiveness and mercy,
    I walk my path knowing you're at my side,
    I lean on you both in good times and bad,
    I walk in the darkness with my hand in yours,
    I have no fear of what's to come
        for you are my way, my truth and my life,
        my Redeemer, my Savior, my Lord...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
I Know That My Redeemer Lives by Scott Soper

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
I know that my Redeemer livesThe One who calls me homeI long to see God face to faceTo see with my own eyes
 
I know that my Redeemer lives, that I shall rise againI know that my Redeemer lives, and I shall rise again
 
I know that I shall one day seeThe goodness of the LordWhen God will wipe away our tearsAnd death will be no more
 
I know that my Redeemer lives, that I shall rise againI know that my Redeemer lives, and I shall rise again
 
The last day I shall rise againShall be remade like GodMy home shall be by God's own sideThe dying, rising Lord
 
I know that my Redeemer lives, that I shall rise again
I know that my Redeemer lives, that I shall rise again


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!