11/15/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 11/15

 
Earlier today I came across tonight's song (one we might well sing every night) and it reminded me of a prayer I wrote and posted a year ago this past March. 
It seemed just the right prayer for an evening in mid-November...
 
There's something about the end of day
    that opens my mind and heart, Lord,
        and draws my prayerful attention to:
 
    those I dearly love 
       and those I struggle to love...
 
    the needs of those I know
       and the needs of many I've never met...
 
    memories in need of healing
       and hope in need of building up...
 
    regret for things I've done
       and remorse for things I've failed to do...
 
    those who long to have a friend
       and those in need of solitude...
 
    homeless folks in winter's cold
       and those who seek to shelter and protect them...
 
    those deprived of a just, fare share
       and those with more than they'll ever need...

    a world whose soul is starved for love
       and those who seek with all their heart to feed it...

    the fears the nighttime often brings
       and the light that comes with dawn each day...
 
There's something about the end of day, Lord,
    that opens my mind and heart
        and draws me close to you in prayer...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
    and watch over us as we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
  
Watch, O Lord by Marty Haugen
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 


Watch, O Lord, with all those awake this night.
Watch, O Lord, with all those who weep.
Give your angels and saints
Charge over all who sleep


Tend your ailing ones In your love, Lord.
Rest your weary ones In your love, Lord.
Bless your dying ones In your love, Oh, Lord of all.
 
Chorus
 
Soothe your suffering ones In your love, Lord.
Heal afflicted ones In your love, Lord.
Shield Your joyous ones In your love, Oh, Lord of all.
 
Chorus

Hold your grieving ones In your love, Lord.
Help your fallen ones In your love, Lord.
Mend your broken ones In your love, Oh, Lord of all.
 
Chorus

Guard your little ones In your love, Lord.
Guide your searching ones In your love, Lord.
Grant us all your peace In your love, Oh, Lord of all.

 
  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!