11/22/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 11/22



This is my latest version of a prayer I wrote 12 years ago: 
I'm still trying, learning, striving to let go and let God...
 
The wind and rain
have claimed all leaves
save those whose stubborn hold
will not let go 'til you, Lord 
say the word 
and then they'll fall and spiral down
in autumn's yearly letting go,
when holding on to what's now past
can seem survival's only path, but

you know more than I, Lord,
how letting go may be the way,
the only way to keep what I hold dear
and to hold what my heart keeps and stores
in memories, dreams and stories...

I offer you my hold on things,
my stored up fears and tears,
my grip on all I won't let go
- that won't let go of me...

In this bittersweet November, Lord,
as autumn's letting go,
gather up my prayers like falling leaves
cascading from my soul
into your gentle, healing heart...
 
I offer you my fear of falling,
fear of letting go 
into your open, waiting hands,
into your promise to be always there
to catch me in your arms...
 
Protect me, Lord while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and sleep, deep in your peace...
 
Amen. 

 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

 
All to Jesus I surrender
All to him I freely give
I will ever love and trust him
In his presence daily live
 
So I’m letting go of the chains that
Are holding me down
I’m letting go of the lies that I believe
And I’m letting go of the shame I let define
This hurting heart of mine
When I let go of my life, you give me yours
So I’m letting go
 
All to Jesus I surrender 
And humbly at his feet I bow
Worldly pleasures all forsaken
Take me Jesus, take me now
 
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!