11/20/22

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 11/20

Image: Stone Temple Pilots' album Plush

This weekend we celebrate your kingship, Lord,
- even though you told us so clearly
    not to make a king of you...

But I think I just might need a king...

I need you to reign over my choices
    because when I'm left to my own devices
    I mess things up way too often...

I need you to rule over my passions:
    my hungers and my desires too often override
    my thinking, reasoning and conscience...

I need you to govern and hold sway
    over my erratic ways, my ups and downs,
    my inconsistent unpredictability...

I need you to decree again your law of love,
    commanding me to give generously
    especially when I'm so tempted to hold back...

Be my king, Lord:
    reign with loving order over the chaos in my day;
    rule with gentle strength when I start to go astray;
    and govern with your word of truth the way I live my life...

Be my king, Lord, and rule with gentle grace 
    my heart and soul
    and all my thoughts and words and deeds
that I might serve you always,
    ever loyal to your name...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!