12/30/22

12 Days of Night Prayer for Christmas - 6


 
When do the Twelve Days of Christmas begin?   On Christmas Day itself - leading us to TWELFTH NIGHT, the eve of Epiphany, January 6.  Through these dozen days, Night Prayer will focus each evening on one of the many gifts the Christmas season brings us.  Tonight: the gift of hope for tomorrow...  No partridges in pear trees here - but you can sing my 12 days to the familiar tune!
 
On the sixth day of Christmas,
the good Lord gave to me:
    Hope for tomorrow,
    Friends as good as gold,
    Faith in God above,
    Angels sent from heaven,
    Shepherds keeping watch
    And a Child born in Bethlehem town!
 
The end of the year is just the right time, Lord,
    to be grateful and pray for the gift of hope:
        my bridge from the past to my future...
 
I need all the hope I can get, Lord
    - hope's the grace, the help that I need! 

When I feel like I'm locked in the past,
    give me hope for what's yet to be...
 
When today seems too much to take,
    give me hope I'll find peace tomorrow...
 
When I fear what the future may hold,
    give me hope to accept the present...
 
When I'm lost in clouds of confusion
    give me hope for clear skies ahead...
 
When I'm doubting my faith in you and myself
    give me hope to build and sustain my trust...

When I'm failing in health, in body and soul,
    help me hope for your healing, blessing and touch...
 
When sadness takes hold of my wounded heart
    give me hope that joy once again will be mine...

When I'm slow to make a difficult choice
    give me hope that your wisdom's my guiding light...
 
When I've left the path you've charted for me
    give me hope in your mercy, pardon and peace...

When I fear and I feel that I'm all alone
    give me hope that you're there, right by my side...

When I'm down and out - and giving up -
    help me choose to put all my hope in you...

As one year ends and a new one begins
    give me hope and faith to live it in love...

Help me not be afraid of what may come
    but give me grace to hope in your word...

Hold me close in your saving arms, O Lord,
    for in you lies the love that is my hope...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.     
 
There Is A Hope by Stuart Townend
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!