12/2/22

NIGHT PRAYER: FRIDAY 12/2


Because I'm often foolish, Lord, 
be generous with your wisdom:
    you know how much I need it! 
 
In these short, dark December days,
    shine your light upon my path 
        to help me follow where you lead
especially when I'm not sure
    of where I've been
    or where I am
    or where I'm going...
 
May your wisdom bring:
    order in my chaos,  
    reason in my foolishness,
    truth to guide my choices,     
    faith to scatter doubt,
    common sense in my confusion,
    and hope to see beyond today
    to what tomorrow offers... 

Because I'm often foolish, Lord, 
be generous with your wisdom - 
    you know how much I need it!

Be my wisdom, Lord:    
    fill my mind with your good counsel,
    shape my thinking with your truth, 
    bless my vision with keen insight,
        my decisions with sound prudence
           and my heart with clear discernment... 

Let your wisdom be my guide, Lord:
    a star to lead me close to you
through Advent's holy days
    and all the seasons of my life...

    Image source

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep,
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

The Perfect Wisdom of Our God  by Keith and Kristyn Getty
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here! 

 

Advent Blessing  
    composed by Michael Joncas and Alan Hommerding
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us all. I love your daily posts. Thank you for recording your homilies and the Advent retreat. I am so happy I get to see them, even if it is not in person.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!