12/12/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 12/12



December 12 is the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe who appeared to Juan Diego, a Mexican peasant, on whose tilma (cloak) there appeared an image on the Blessed Virgin as he had seen her in a vision.  Read more of Juan Diego's story here.

    Image source


Designer Faith?
Remember when a designer’s name and logo were discretely and neatly tucked away inside the shirt or pants we wore?  Then it became fashionable to sport an a little alligator or polo player right on our chest for all to see.

 

Saint Juan Diego was a man more than 5 centuries ahead of his time!  Or perhaps we should more directly and correctly credit Our Lady of Guadalupe for imprinting her designed image on Juan’s tilma.  Today you can purchase t-shirts bearing just what appeared on Juan’s holy cloak - or even have the image tattooed on your back or shoulder!
 
But this isn't about cloaks or tee shirts or body art!  
 
So, let's pray...
 
What logo brands my heart, Lord?
    my thoughts, my words, my deeds?
 
I'm made in your image!
I'm designed in the likeness of my Creator!
So I pray my life bear witness
    to your imprint on my soul... 

Stamp my heart and mark it
    with the grace and love and purity
of she who bore you in her womb,
    who mirrored in her being
the image of your countenance,
    the spirit of your wisdom...

May all who know me see, Lord,
    how your mercy now has claimed me,
        refreshed me and restored me,
clothed me in your saving grace 
        and marked me as your own...
 
Saint Juan Diego, pray for us!
Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe, ruega por nosotros!
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

Tonight's music is a lullaby (as beautiful as it is simple!)
sung in Juan Diego's native indigenous Nahuatl language:
    Gently sleep, little Child.
    Cry no more, for the angels are here.
    Alleluia. 



If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 
Advent Blessing  
    composed by Michael Joncas and Alan Hommerding
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!