12/1/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 12/1


A new month - the last month of the year! 
And pardon me for being trite, Lord, but
    Where did 2022 go?
 

Was what seems a short time, enough time 
    for all the joy that came my way
        - and all the grief my heart encountered?
 
Too many times I said goodbye 
    to those I loved and cherished
so many times, that now sometimes
    farewell's all I remember...
 
But before and in-between, Lord
    there were good times, smiles and laughter;
there were peaceful hours together
    and days of carefree wonder;
moments of amazing grace
    and blessings large and small...

But now it's almost time, Lord,
    to bid goodbye to 2022...
 
As I look back and survey the past year's
    days and weeks and months,
open wide my heart to joys I knew
    as well as to the moments
when you gently took my hand in yours,
    held me in your open arms
        and softly wiped my tears away...

Make me grateful, Lord, 
    for any time, for every time,
my ups and downs, my joys and sorrows
    brought me close to you...
 
Free me when I'm captive to my past
    and open me to new beginnings;
heal my memories, Lord, 
    and lead me ever forward 
        to all you hold in store for me..

I pray that in the year ahead
    I'll have the grace to find you
at every twist and turn,
    in good times and in bad,
trusting as I did, 
    all through the year near past
that all things shall be well, Lord,
    that with you, all shall be well...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
New Beginnings by Every Nation Music

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

Advent Blessing  
    composed by Michael Joncas and Alan Hommerding
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!