12/29/22

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 12/30


A new year begins in just a few days
    and I’m praying, Lord,
to begin 2023 as best I can
    - and with your help…

If there’s one thing I’m sure of - it’s this:
    I can’t count on myself
        to make the changes I need to make.
Only with your help, Lord,
    will I change and grow and turn my heart around
    - only with your help…

You're the Lord of
    freely given pardons,
    second chances,
    clean slates,
    fresh starts
    and new beginnings
- and I'm gonna need all of the above
      as I begin a new year…

Most of all, Lord, refresh and restore my hope
    that, indeed, I can make
        a new beginning, a fresh start,
and that you'll give me
    the second or hundredth chance I need
        to live as I truly want to live,
        to do what I truly want to do,
        to love as I truly want to love,
        to pray as I truly need to pray…

Don’t let my disappointment over
    past, failed attempts
keep me from trusting that with your help 
    I can do, I can accomplish,
    I can realize my heart’s true desires
    and live in peace with all, 
        faithful to your word…

So, make me modest in my pledges, Lord:
    let my new beginning be reasonable,
    my intentions pure and generous;
    my efforts led by your Spirit
    and my success the fruit of your grace…

Show me, Lord, in my heart of hearts,
    what you would have me resolve;
help me persevere and follow through
        in the year that lies ahead...

Help me live the new year just one day at a time,
    each day filled  with your mercy,
        your freely given pardon
    and all the second chances,
        clean slates and fresh starts
            that fall from your heart and hand...

January 1 will be the day that you make, Lord:
    bless me and keep me as a new year dawns
and I strive once again to walk in your light, 
    in your love and in your peace….

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!