1/3/23

12 Days of Night Prayer for Christmas - 10


 
When do the Twelve Days of Christmas begin?   On Christmas Day itself - leading us to TWELFTH NIGHT, the eve of Epiphany, January 6.  Through these dozen days, Night Prayer will focus each evening on one of the many gifts the Christmas season brings us.  Tonight: the gift of the Jesus' hands...  No partridges in pear trees here - but you can sing my 12 days to the familiar tune!
 
On the tenth day of Christmas,
the good Lord gave to me:
    Jesus' hands to help me,
    God's Word abiding,
    Mercy after mercy,
    New Year beginning,
    Hope for tomorrow,
    - Friends as good as gold -
    Faith in God above,
    Angels sent from heaven,
    Shepherds keeping watch
    And a Child born in Bethlehem town!
 

When I'm anxious and afraid, Lord,
    you take my hand in yours...
 
When I'm lost and all alone,
    your hands reach out and draw me close...
 
When I'm burdened and bent low,
    your gentle hands will lift me up...

When I've nothing left to offer,
    your hands fill my own with grace...
 
When my I'm idle, slacking off,
    your hands will give me work to do...

When I free-fall in confusion,
    your hands catch me in mid-air...
 
When my hands are stiff and weak,
    your strong hands supply my strength...

When I've lost my grip on hope,
    your hands lift me from despair...
 
When I lift my hand in anger,
    your hand stays my arm in peace...

When I start to drift away
    your hands reach to bring me home...

Your hands, O Lord, are gifts to me,
    without them, I'd be lost;
please use my hands to reach and touch
    my neighbors in their need... 
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
               
I'm In His Hands by Phil Laeger

If video doesn't appear below, click here! 
 
 
I'm in His hands 
I'm in His hands 
Whatever the future holds 
I'm in His hands 
The days I cannot see 
Have all been planned for me 
His way is best 
You see... I'm in His hands
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!