1/11/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 1/11


End of day's a good time, Lord, to look back
     on what I saw... what I heard... what I felt...
     on what I said and did... and what I failed to say or do...

Eventide's the hour to share with you 
    my worries, fears and cares,
    my blessings, joys and thanks
    and my prayer for those in trouble, 
    nearby and far away...

Nightfall's a time for me to muse on all the ways, today, 
    you nudged me, tapped me on the shoulder, 
    moved within my soul and whispered in my heart...

Just before the dark of night, Lord, 
    hold a mirror to my day
    that I might see how you were with me, by my side, 
    every hour, every moment, all day long...

Help me look into that mirror so I'll more clearly see
    your presence and reflection 
    in my life, in my neighbor 
    and in all the world around me...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
     watch over me while I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
     and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

Tonight's song, Spiegel im Spiegel (Mirror in a Mirror),
    is from one of my favorite composers, Arvo Pärt. 
This exquisitely simple instrumental meditation is performed by
    Herbert Schuch (piano) and Leonhard Roczek (cello).

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


 

  


SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!