1/25/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 1/25



I had a good day, Lord, 
- and for that I praise and thank you -
but I know others who had a really tough day:
    just about everyone in Ukraine,
    a friend who's grieving his father's death last night,
    victims of drought and famine around the globe,
    another friend trapped in domestic dysfunction,
    the homeless facing winter snow storms...
 
And all the folks who lived another day 
of the same-old same-old:
    anyone who's chronically ill, unemployed, 
    imprisoned, lonely, homebound, 
    lost in their mind's own doubts and fears...
 
And all those people who prayed this morning
    for one good reason to get up,
    for one good reason to keep going,
    for one good reason to hope for tomorrow, 
    for one good reason to try again,
    for one good reason to believe in themselves,
    for one good reason to believe in you,
    for one good reason to trust others,
        to be kind to others, to speak to others,
        to make a new friend, to laugh and smile,
        to share a story, to sing a song - to dream...
    and for one good reason to pray again, Lord,
        to pray again and again and again... 

So, for all these, Lord 
and for everyone and for myself, I pray: 
    for the promise of one good reason
        to believe the world's in your hands;
    for the gift of one good reason 
        to live one a day at a time;
    for the grace of one good reason
        to trust you have my back;
    for the blessing of one good reason
        to do the next right thing;
    for the favor of one good reason
        to depend on your love and mercy; 
    for the comfort of one good reason
        just to believe in myself;
    for the relief of one good reason
        to believe you believe in me...
    and for the joy of one good reason
        to trust all shall be well...
        
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman and Jonas Myrin

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning;
It’s time to sing Your song again.
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me,
Let me be singing when the evening comes.
 
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
O my soul, worship His holy Name.
Sing like never before, O my soul.
I’ll worship Your holy Name.
 
You're rich in love and You’re slow to anger,
Your Name is great and Your heart is kind;
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing,
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.

And on that day when my strength is failing,
The end draws near and my time has come;
Still my soul sings Your praise unending,
Ten thousand years and then forevermore.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!