2/12/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 5/12


Hooked up the two deck chairs on my balcony, Lord,
and made myself a chaise lounge 
for a little sunbathing this afternoon...
 

Soaking up, soaking in the warmth
as I haven't done since last summer...
 
This isn't the comfort of bed covers
keeping you warm
on a chilly night in February,
this is heat that penetrates
becomes part of you, 
one with you...
 

As winter's cold chills to the bone,
so the sun's heat warms to the core,
the heart of who I am,
filling me with healing 
that only you might offer...
 
Much like grace, Lord...

When I leave myself open, 
vulnerable to you, to your word, to your Spirit 
and all your Spirit wants for me,
desires of me, would do for me, do with me 
- it's then the Spirit's rays permeate
and melt the chill, the stiffness of worry, 
of anxiety and fear and all that keeps me distant
for your heat, your warmth, your love...
 
I'll soon be back home, Lord, where the winter temps 
will keep me from lying in the  sun, soaking up its grace
but your warmth knows no seasons
and so I pray:
    may your Spirit open me
    to your healing, grace and blessing
    wherever I may be,
    however turns the weather, 
    summer, winter, spring or fall...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
  
Lord, Let Your Face Shine Upon Us by Marty Haugen

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!