2/7/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 2/7



Just a very simple prayer tonight, Lord...
 
Thank you for this morning,
    for my waking to this day,
        a gift from your own hand...
    
Thank you for my troubles
    that drew me close to you
        with a prayer for help and grace...

Thank you for the joy
    of smiles and laughter gladly shared
        with family and with friends...

Thank you for the quiet ways
    you snatched me from harm's way,
        and kept me safe and free...
 
Thank you for your presence
    and the blessing of your patience
        when I missed you right beside me...

Thank you for your light 
    upon my journey, on my path,
        as I make my way to you...

Thank you for the thousand ways
    you've graced the day just past
        and will bless the night ahead...
 
Thank you for the company
    of all who join me now
        in this prayer and song of praise...
 
Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
I'm pleased to have found this simple song,
    adapted from a Native American chant
        to accompany this simple prayer! 
 
Thank You For This Day, Spirit
    Native American song adapted by  by Karen Drucker

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

Thank you, I want to say thank you. 
Cause I'm so grateful, so grateful...
 
I Thank you for this day Spirit, Thank you for this day.
This healing, this healing, This healing day...
 
Thank you for this day Spirit, Thank you for this day. 
This beautiful, this beautiful, This beautiful day...
 
Thank you for my friends Spirit, Thank you for my friends.
My wonderful, my wonderful, My wonderful friends...
 
I want to just say "Thank you now, Thank you now, Thank you now,” 
Each and ev'ry day I'm gon'na say, I'm gonna say it. 
Say it Thank you, Thank you...

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!