2/2/23

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 2/2


Too easily and much too often, Lord
- I take you for granted...

I take your Spirit for granted,
your Spirit always moving in my life,
always stirring me to do 
what's right and just and true...
 
And when I do what's wrong and fail the truth,
I take your mercy, Lord, for granted,
your mercy freely offered
every time I seek your pardon...

I take for granted all the ways
your wisdom whispers in my thoughts,
your counsel echoes in my conscience,
always moving me toward truth...

You've heard me say a thousand times,
"I will!  I pledge! I promise!"
and still I take for granted
every second chance you give...

I take for granted those who love me
- each one a gift from you:
those who hold me up when I'm bowed down,
who give me strength when I am weak...

I take for granted how you're always there
to hear my mumbled, stumbling prayer,
to listen to my problems, to wipe away my tears,
to take away my fear - and to share my every joy...

I take for granted how your love
is ever faithful, strong, abiding:
there's no end to your compassion
and your understanding kindness...

And I even take for granted
how you never, Lord, 
take me for granted...
 
Help me take take this prayer to heart, Lord
and never take for granted 
the mercy, grace and peace
I can always find in you...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!