2/21/23

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 2/21

Father's Embrace by Ruth Councell

I wrote this prayer 22 years ago while I was on retreat and I've posted it a number of times since then.  I offer it today, just before Lent begins, as prayer for all who, in any way and for any reason, struggle in their relationship with God.  The Lord engages our struggle, not as an opponent, but as a friend and lover reaching out to hug us, to welcome us back into his embrace.  Lent is a graced season for surrendering to the Lord's outstretched arms...
 
Embrace
You enfold me, entwine and embrace me.
You handle me, hold me and hide me.
You wrestle me, welcome and want me.

Your chin by my ear, your hand in my hair,
your arm 'round my back, my arms rounding you,
my face on your chest: I'm held in your warmth.

Your eyes keep close watch, mine close in deep peace.
Your fingers stroke softly my head's numbered strands.
Your grip is a gift, your grasp saving grace.

You whisper, 
    "You're mine, I call you by name:
    you're found and forgiven, brought home and beloved."

I breathe, 
    "Yes, I am, shaped and healed by your hand.
    You call me by name: I am yours, you are mine."

Amen. 
 
This song expresses beautifully God's desire for our
return and his invitation to trust him this Lent...
 
Come Back to Me by Gregory Norbet
    performed by The Sunday 7pm Choir

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!