2/28/23

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 2/28

 
Slow me down this Lent, Lord...

Especially when I can't stop the merry-go-round on my own:    
slow me down... 

When my head and heart are filled with noise,    
slow me down and show me a path to a quiet place... 

When I'm standing still but moving at 60 inside,    
put the brakes on and slow me to a stop by your side, 
in a place where I can hear my own breathing         
and the breath of your Spirit within me...

Help me hear my heart beat
- and to trust you listen to every beat...

Help me savor the silence
and find peace within it,
peace within my soul...

Help me make the time 
to find the calm, 
the quiet I need inside 
to hear the birds sing, the tide come in, 
the sun rise and the moon wax full in the skies above... 

Let me find and make the time, Lord,  
for life's rhythms to move at a slower pace
and rock me not to sleep but to peace,       
to the serenity that only you can give...

Let this place and time of prayer become for me    
a wellspring for a thirsty heart,       
a place where I'll come often,
every day and every night,       
to drink from its pure, fresh, clear depths         
and slake my thirst for  that which truly satisfies                
and gives me life and peace...

Bring me to a quiet place,
wherever in my day it might be found
and let me make the time to sit with you
and listen for your word...

Help me to be still, Lord,    
that I might know that you are God,       
that I might know that you are near...   
 
Slow me down, Lord:
   slow me down this Lent...
 
Amen. 

Be Still and Know That I Am God by Christopher Walker
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one, to whom my love I give. 
My life is yours in you I live. 
Be still, be still, and know that I am God 
 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one, I came to set you free. 
Give me your cares and rest in me. 
Be still, be still and know that I am God 
 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one to whom I show my ways. 
My love is with you all my days. 
Be still, be still and know that I am God 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!