3/30/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 3/30



It's been almost a year since last Easter, Lord,
and as I prepare for this year's Holy Week, 
I'm wondering:
    - how did my celebrating Easter last year
        bless my life in the time since then?
    - how has the grace of your dying and rising
        helped to heal my pain, ease my suffering, 
        strengthen my faith, deepen my hope,
        lift my spirits and bring me peace?
    - how have your suffering and dying, Lord, 
        helped me live through my losses and grief?
    - how did your rising bring joy to my heart
        when I feared I might never know joy again? 
    - how has the week I call holy, Lord,
         made holy the year I've just lived?
 
Open my heart to the week ahead,
    to its prayer and peace and your Easter promise
of mercy and grace to heal and sustain me
     and peace and joy to raise me up
to life forever with you, O Lord,
    and with all who have gone before me...

Your dying and rising redeem me, Lord,
    and reconcile me to your Father:
may the grace of Holy Week heal my soul
    and refresh your Spirit within me...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Hymn of Heaven by Phil Wickham

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 
How I long to breathe the air of Heaven
Where pain is gone and mercy fills the streets To look upon the One who bled to save meAnd walk with Him for all eternity
 
Oh, there will be a day when all will bow before HimThere will be a day when death will be no moreStanding face to face with He who died and rose againHoly, holy is the Lord
 
And every prayer we prayed in desperationThe songs of faith we sang through doubt and fearIn the end, we'll see that it was worth itWhen He returns to wipe away our tears
 
Oh, there will be a day when all will bow before HimThere will be a day when death will be no moreStanding face to face with He who died and rose againHoly, holy is the Lord
 
And on that day, we join the resurrectionAnd stand beside the heroes of the faithWith one voice, a thousand generationsSing, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain" (2x) 
    - Forever He shall reign
 
So let it be today we shout the hymn of HeavenWith angels and the saints, we raise a mighty roar 
Sing glory to our God who gave us life beyond the grave 
Sing holy, holy is the Lord
 
So let it be today we shout the hymn of HeavenWith angels and the saints, we raise a mighty roarS
Sing glory to our God who gave us life beyond the grave 
Sing holy, holy is the Lord
Sing holy, holy is the Lord 
Holy, holy is the Lord

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!