3/9/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 3/9



Sometimes I worry, Lord,
and I guess that's only human
but sometimes I worry as if I've forgotten
some things I say I believe in...
 
I worry and grieve the sins of my past
    as if I've forgotten your saving mercy;
I'm troubled by this day's problems and pain
    as if I've forgotten your healing presence;
I fear the unknown tomorrow may bring
    as if I've forgotten you'll be there before me...
 
I worry and fret as if I've forgotten 
    that you have my back,
    that you're right by my side,
    that you always desire my peace and well-being...

I lament and I worry as if I've forgotten
    that I'm your beloved, your chosen, your own,
    that you hold me with care
    in the palm of your hand...

I dwell on my fears as if I've forgotten
    your love is my shelter
    your Spirit's my guide,
    your mercy my strength and my shield...
 
I dread what may come as if I've forgotten
    my life is a mystery (to me - not to you);
    you see past my worry and ask me to trust
    that all manner of things shall be well...
 
I brood over troubles as if I've forgotten
    your wisdom and word are the light on my path,
    your grace is sufficient to carry me through,
    in my weakness your power's made perfect...
    
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
All Your Anxiety by Edward H. Joy
   Arranged and performed by Anne MacCallum
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Is there a heart o'erbound by sorrow?
Is there a life weighed down by care?
Come to the Cross, each burend bearing;
All your anxiety - leave it there.
 
All your anxiety, all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat, leave it there,
Never a burden he cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus!
 
No other friend so keen to help you,
No other friend so quick to hear,
No other place to leave your burden,
Not other one to hear your prayer... 
 
Come then at once; delay no longer!
Heed his entreaty kind and swee,
You need not fear a disappointment,
You shall find peace at the mercy seat.




  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!