3/1/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 3/1



Well, it's seven days since Ash Wednesday, Lord:
    the first week of Lent 2023 is history!

I'm tempted to look back 
    and evaluate what I've done or failed to do
        in these first seven days
but I know that's not what you're doing:
    you're not keeping a log or check list,
        no spreadsheet tracking my good deeds;
    you're not counting my sacrifices;
    you're not clocking my time in prayer...
 
What you are doing, Lord,
    is drawing me closer to you
and watching with grace and compassion
    how I turn my heart towards yours,
how I'm making my way, day by day,
    through your patience and mercy,
        to your presence, your pardon and peace...

You're keeping no stats on my Lenten "success"
    - you only desire my growing in faith
        and my loving you in serving my neighbor
            with a joyful and generous heart...

Through these forty days and nights, Lord,
    you're guiding the steps of my journey:
may my Lenten path lead me closer to you
    through my prayer, my fasting
        and serving the poor...

Through these days of hope and mystery,
    keep me focused on you, my Lord
and open my heart to your Spirit's grace,
    leading me always closer to you...
           
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Beyond the Days by Ricky Manalo

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!