3/29/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 3/29


I walked out the back door this morning, Lord,
    and within seconds it hit me:
        I was taking in my first breath of spring!

The sun was shining
   and though it wasn't all that warm
here was something in the air,
    something on the air, so lightly comes
        this gift of spring's first breath...

A freshness filled my lungs,
    a pure, clean whiff of grace!
 
Had I inhaled
    your clear, transparent holiness?
 
Was your breath now, Lord,
    truly one with mine,
your presence in-spiring
    and filling me with grace? 
 
You are the air I breathe,
    you're the wind beneath my wings
and as seasons come and go, Lord,
    you're my first breath every day..
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen

O Breathe On Me, O Breath of God
                                           arranged by Liam Lawton
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 



O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love the things you love,
And do what you would do.
 

O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until my will is one with yours
To do and to endure.
 
O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
My will to yours entwine
Until this selfish part of me
Glows with your fire divine.
 
O breathe on me, Breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with you the perfect life
Of your eternity.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!