3/7/23

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 3/7


Lent is often imaged as a journey
    from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday 
    from sin to grace,
    from dying to rising...
 
In my homily on Sunday I spoke of Lent
    as our going on a hike with Jesus...
 
Well then, with what shall we fill  our backpacks
    in preparation for this spiritual trek
and just as important
    - what shall we leave behind?
 
This year, on my Lenten journey…
 
I’ll fill my pack with gratitude 
    and leave my discontent behind...
 
I’ll pad my pack with patience
    and leave my anger far behind...
 
I’ll stuff my pack with pardon
    and leave my bitterness behind...
 
I’ll feed my pack with compassion 
    and leave behind my self-concern...

I’ll fill stuff my pack with hope                                         
    and leave discouragement behind... 
 
I’ll load my pack with commitment                         
    and leave my laziness behind... 
 
I’ll jam my pack with acceptance                     
    and leave behind all my complaining... 
 
I’ll throw in heaps of wholesomeness 
    and leave behind my lusty thoughts... 
 
I’ll fill my pack with a kindly spirit 
    and leave resentment far behind... 
 
I’ll cram my pack with honest work                            
    and leave behind my wasting time... 
 
I’ll fill out my pack with simple joys                             
    and leave self-pity to the past... 
 
I’ll pour in all the trust I have                                      
    and leave suspicious thoughts behind... 
 
I’ll fill my pack with quiet prayer                            
    and leave behind my idle talk... 
 
I’ll fill my pack with _______________________
and leave behind _________________________
 
I’ll fill my pack with Jesus’ mercy 
    and leave behind my sin and shame...
 
Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!