4/10/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 4/10


Just one day after Easter and already, Lord,
I'm experiencing the effects of PADD:
Paschal Attention Deficit Disorder!
 
Forty days of Lenten preparation
culminating in the Triduum,
chiming out in joyous praise on Easter morn
and then - Monday...
 
Have Alleluia's echoes died?
Have sweet hosannas lost their ring?
How soon before the lilies droop?
(And who ate all the Peeps?)

Is Easter's song still in my heart?
Does Paschal grace still bloom afresh?
Can I taste and see the goodness yet
of him who died and rose for me?
 
Help me not forget, Lord,
help me not let go,
help me not so quickly lose
the joy of Easter day...

Embed within my soul, Lord,
your gift of Easter peace...

Help me with your Spirit's grace
keep fresh within my heart
the word, the song, the gospel cry of
He is risen, Alleluia!  
 
Now 50 days to revel in and savor Paschal joy!
Fifty days: a week of weeks 'til Pentecost
brings down the Spirit's fiery flames
to fill my heart with gifts of grace...

From PADD save me, Lord,
and help me find each day
a reason to be joyful, 
to lift my heart and sing:
He is risen, Alleluia!
He is risen, Christ the Lord!
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Halle! Halle! Halle!
    Folk tune arranged by Marty Haugen
        performed by   by Saint Olaf Choir
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


 
1. Oh, God to whom shall we go?
You alone have the words of life.
Let your words be our prayer
and our song we sing:
Hallelujah, hallelujah.

2. I am the light of the world says the Lord.
Walk in the light of life.
All who follow my words
shall have life indeed:
Hallelujah, hallelujah.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!