5/20/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 5/19



As the sun sets, Lord,
   and evening breezes stir;
when clouds begin to disappear
   as darkness settles in:
I stop and wonder...
   how'd I spend my day?

What words of mine now echo warmly
   in the hearts of friends and family?

What assistance did I offer
   to others in their need?

What time did I spend alone today,
   with you, my friend, in prayer?

What comfort did I give,
    what healing, grace and mercy?

What openness was mine
   to the gifts you sent my way?

What first steps did I take today
   to reconcile with others?

What silence did I seek within
   to listen for your voice?

What effort did I make
   to accept my neighbor's help?

What risk did I dare
  in being loyal to my faith?

What time did I spend
   just for others, not for me?

What peace did I make today, Lord,
   to keep me through the night ahead?
As the sun sets, Lord,
   and evening breezes stir;
when clouds begin to disappear
   as darkness settles in:
I stop and wonder...
   how'd I spend my day?

 Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake,
   and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
   and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

There Is No Greater Love by J. Michael Joncas
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
There is no greater love, says the Lord, 
than to lay down your life for a friend;
there is no greater love, no greater love, 
than to lay down your life for a friend.

As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. 
Live on in my love.
You will live in my love if you keep my commands, 
even as I have kept my Father's.

All this I tell you that my joy may be yours 
and your joy may be complete.
Love one another as I have loved you: 
This is my command.

You are my friends if you keep my commands; 
no longer slaves but friends to me.
All I heard from my Father, I have made known to you: 
Now I call you friends.

It was not you who chose me, it was I who chose you, 
chose you to go forth and bear fruit.
Your fruit must endure, so you will receive 
all you ask the Father in my name.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!