5/13/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 5/13


At long last, Lord,
I've opened up my windows 
for the long awaited coming home of
    fresh air, warmth and sunlight,
    the greening of creation, 
    the early morning birdsong
    and dare I say it - spring!

These old friends have come around
and found their favorite chairs on my porch;
    they're catching up on all that's new,
    reminding me of Easter's joy
    and keeping winter's promise...
 

Open wide, then, Lord,
the windows of my soul and 
    with your light's sweet, warm caress
        and Spirit's gentle breeze,
    come in and make yourself to home:
        I've been waiting for your visit...

Refresh my weary, wintered self,
and nurture deep within my heart

this season's hope and promise:
    a spring of paschal peace, Lord,
    and a summertime of grace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
 Spirit of the Living God by Daniel Iverson
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!