5/7/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 5/7



On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we begin with Jesus' word in the gospel:
             "Do not let your hearts be troubled..."

I hear you, Lord, and yet 
    - my heart is often troubled,
        anxious, worried and afraid...
 
I don't live in the moment
    but rather in the past 
        which I know I cannot change
    or in a future plagued by problems
        my imagination fears...

Sometimes I'm so troubled
I fail to see the peace you offer:
    the peace that's here and now,
    the peace I needn't wait for,
    the peace embedded in my faith
        beneath my cares and my concerns...

My misgivings block the light
   that shines with clarity and wisdom;
I get lost within myself, locked in, 
    afraid to try the door and slow to walk the path 
        that leads to hope and trust in you...

And so tonight, I pray:
    bring my troubled heart your peace...
   
Set free my troubled heart, Lord,
    from all that holds me captive...

Shield my frightened, troubled heart
   and chase away my anxious fears... 

Mend my troubled, broken heart, Lord,
   and heal me with your grace...
 
Soothe my grieving, troubled heart
    and gently wipe away my tears away...

Cleanse my troubled, tarnished heart, Lord:
   render pure all my desires...
 
Calm my troubled, angry heart:
   root out my hurt and pride and envy...

Hold my troubled heart in yours, Lord
    'til my heart's at home in you...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
Set Your Troubled Hearts at Rest   

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
Set your troubled hearts at rest
Set your troubled heart at rest
I have stilled the wildest thunder
I will give you rest

Lay your heavy burdens down
Lay your heavy burdens down 
I have come to be your brother
Lay your burdens down

Trust me in your unbelief
Trust me in your unbelief
I have met you in your doubting
Trust me and believe

Set your troubled hearts at rest
Set your troubled hearts at rest
I have made a dwelling for you
I will give you rest

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!