5/16/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/16


I'm so aware these last few days:
    what precious jewels
    are my good friends, of inestimable value;
their fidelity shines always, 
    it never dims or fades
though miles and years may distance us,
    we never grow apart...

How welcome the word of an honest friend:
    a word comfort or of challenge,
    a word of truth, critique, encouragment, 
        support and undertanding...

How reassuring the loyalty
    of those who forgive my failings
and in their mercy offer me 
    the grace of a new beginning...

How grateful I am for arms and hands
    that lift me up, urge me on, share my load,
        have my back, embrace my heart
and touch with gentle healing    
    the places where I hurt...

How timely is your Spirit's grace 
    as friends reach out in many ways
        amazing and mysterious
- but not at all surprising -
    for in friendship's found
        no more nor less,
    your very love, O Lord,
        moving daily in my life
            in the lives of friends around me...
 
And of all these jewels, without a doubt,
    you, Lord, shine the brightest:
        my best friend 
    whose everlasting light shines bright
        deep within my heart
    and in the lives of all my friends
        whose friend I'm blessed to be...
 
Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake
    and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you,
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

Dear  Friends  
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


Dear friends, dear friends 
Let me tell you how I feel 
You have given me such treasure 
I love you so 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!