5/9/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/9

 

Let's begin here...

I want to see a new translation of the Bible - into the hearts and conduct of living men and women. I want an improved translation of the command-ments, promises and teachings of this Book - into the minds and feelings, the words and activities of the men and women who hold onto it, and swear by it, and declare it to be an inspired Book...

That seems to me to be the only translation, after all, that will, in the long run, prove to be of any value... What will be the value of the Bible on the day of judgment apart from the transformations of character it has produced? It is of no use making correct translations of words if we cannot get the words translated into life.  - William Booth
Your Word, O God, 
    in Jesus took flesh
so tonight I ask, I wonder, I pray:
    Has your Word become flesh in me?

Has your Word become flesh 
    in my body, Lord?

Has your Truth been the Word
    on my lips, in my mouth?
 
Does your Wisdom embody
    my thoughts and my choices?
 
Is your goodness revealed
    when I do what is just?
   
Does your mercy flow freely
    like blood through my veins?
 
Does your kindness reach out
    through my arms and my hands? 
 
Do you hear the poor cry
    through my open ears?

Do you feed the hungry
    at the table I set?

Does your Spirit move freely
    in my humble deeds?
 
Do you mend the broken
    with my gentle touch?

Do you welcome the stranger
    through my open door?
 
Your Word, O God,  
    in Jesus took flesh
so tonight I ask, I wonder, I pray,
    is your Word enfleshed in me?
    is your Word enfleshed
        in my thoughts, words and deeds?
    has your Word become flesh in me?
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
Speak, O Lord, as we come to You  
To receive the food of Your Holy Word. 
Take Your truth, plant it deep in us;  
Shape and fashion us in Your likeness,  
That the light of Christ might be seen today  
In our acts of love and our deeds of faith. 
Speak, O Lord, and fulfill in us  
All Your purposes for Your glory.  
 
Teach us, Lord, full obedience,  
Holy reverence, true humility;  
Test our thoughts and our attitudes  
In the radiance of Your purity.  
Cause our faith to rise; cause our eyes to see  
Your majestic love and authority.  
Words of pow’r that can never fail—  
Let their truth prevail over unbelief.  
 
Speak, O Lord, and renew our minds; 
Help us grasp the heights of Your plans for us—  
Truths unchanged from the dawn of time  
That will echo down through eternity.  
And by grace we’ll stand on Your promises,  
And by faith we’ll walk as You walk with us.  
Speak, O Lord, till Your church is built  
And the earth is filled with Your glory.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!