5/24/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 5/24



I'm still in the joy of the weekend, Lord,
    but today you called me to walk with some friends
        whose path leads them through a valley of shadows...

All our journeys have one destination, Lord,
    that's you and the peace you offer
        to those who walk and follow your Way...
 
Some journeys are shorter than others, Lord,
    some paths are harder to tread,
the road may be smooth, the road may be rough,
   and the course, too often, seems always uphill...
 
For all whose journey is hard these days,
    be the Shepherd who guides them along the way
with the courage they need to keep going
    and to walk in faith by your side...
 
Shelter them, Lord, beneath your wings,
    be a haven of peace for their souls;
make safe their path wherever it leads
    and fill them with peace and faith in you...
 
Make smooth the path they walk, O Lord,
    be a guiding light in the shadows;
strengthen their faith in your promise, your word:
    in you is the life that has no end,
        in you is our peace and joy...
 
Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
    and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!



Shepherd and sheep, my God and I:
to fresh green fields you led my steps in days gone by.
You gave me rest by quiet springs
and filled my soul with peace your loving presence brings.

O shelter me, O shelter me:
the way ahead is dark and difficult to see.
O shelter me, O shelter me:
all will be well if only you will shelter me.


Yet now I tread a diff’rent way;
death dogs my path with stealthy steps from day to day.
I cannot find your peaceful place
but dwell in dreary darkness, longing for your face.
 
I will look back in days to come
and realize your faithfulness has led me home.
Within your house I’ll find my peace,
trusting that in your mercy you have sheltered me.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for the beautiful prayer.
    I will keep a copy with me always. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!